Friday, May 29 at 5:30pm
(Rain Date: Saturday, May 30 at 3:00pm)
Student must have either fed into Brookdale Elementary School or reside within the Brookdale Homeowners Association boundary
. Student currently must be a Senior, 8th Grader, 5th Grader, College Graduate (undergraduate, post-graduate), Trade or Vocational School Graduate.
Faculty/staff of Brookdale Elementary School, Hill Middle School and Metea Valley High School are also invited to be in the parade (or watch the parade!)
Parade Overview and Requirements
- At all times during the parade, participants must take social distancing precautions.
- All parade participants must ride in vehicles (no biking, walking, blading, skateboarding, etc.)
- All vehicles in the parade must have a poster board sign fastened on both sides of their vehicle with student’s name and current school.
- Seniors, college and trade/vocational school students can include their college!
- Faculty/staff should have their name and school.
- Decorated vehicles and noisemakers are highly encouraged! There will be a $25 gift card prizes for “Best Decorated Vehicle” and “Most Unusual Noisemaker During the Brookdale Parade.”
- Parade lineup at St. Thomas Catholic Church at 1500 Brookdale Road
- Parade lineup will start at 5:00pm.
- All parade participants must arrive by 5:15pm.
- Parade will step off promptly at 5:30pm.
- Upon your arrival for parade lineup, please follow directions for proper parade lineup. The parade order will be seniors, 8th graders, 5th graders, college/trade/vocational school graduates. School faculty/staff will be interspersed in the parade lineup.
- No candy can be thrown at any time during the course of the parade.
- At the conclusion of the parade at St. Thomas Church, please proceed to go home. Please do not gather in the church parking lot.
Spirit Week Photo Gallery
Current Seniors, 8th Graders, 5th Graders, College Graduates (undergraduate, post-graduate), Trade or Vocational School Graduates can email their name, school and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
to be displayed on the "Brookdale Best Neighborhood in Naperville" Facebook Page and in the June 2020 Babbling Brook newsletter. Seniors, college and trade/vocational school graduates can include their college and major.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, May 22.