The Brookdale Neighborhood Association (BHA) is a voluntary civic and social organization with a goal of promoting community in the Brookdale neighborhood. All who reside (own or rent) in the Brookdale neighborhood are invited to join--single family homes, townhomes and condominiums. Whether you’ve resided in Brookdale for years or are new to the neighborhood, the Brookdale Neighborhood Association welcomes you!
- Complete the registration form.
- You will receive an email with information on how to submit your $30 annual dues payment.
- Upon receipt of your payment, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to complete the registration process, your website login, and how to be listed in our online Member Directory, Member Services Directory, Sitter Directory, Teen Services Directory and Pet Directory.
Members of the Brookdale Neighborhood Association enjoy the following:
- Annual membership directory and member services listing (both a hard copy directory and exclusive access to the online member directory at www.aboutbrookdale.org, as well as our Sitter Directory, Teen Services Directory and Pet Directory)
- 10 issues of our Babbling Brook e-newsletter
- Members-only social events and activities (year round)
- Discounts to BHA-sponsored social events
- Members-only discounts for local businesses
- Members-only email communication regarding BHA events, neighborhood news and announcements
- Proactive civic participation in local issues that affect residents
- A strong community relations program
- Block party organizational assistance
- For new incoming residents in the neighborhood, a welcome bag and guide
- Discounted advertising rates
- Annual General Meeting where members are eligible to vote in the BHA Board Member election and discuss ideas and issues face-to-face with fellow neighbors
Membership Types & Dues
$30 Full Membership
All owners (and co-owners) residing in the Brookdale neighborhood boundaries.
$30 Associate Membership
Non-property owners residing in the Brookdale neighborhood boundaries. Associate members have all rights and privileges of full membership except the right to vote for the Board or bylaw changes, or hold office as a BHA Board Member. Associate members may chair committees, coordinate events and fully participate in our neighborhood association.
Eligibility to Join
- All who reside within the Brookdale Neighborhood boundaries, which are defined as Route 59 east to the West Branch of the DuPage River, and Diehl Road south to North Aurora Road.
- Homeowners may join as Full Members.
- Renters and non-property owners may join as Associate Members.